To have a call with your provider or patient on the browser, you need to make sure the right microphone and camera are chosen and accessible.
Make sure no other applications are using the microphone and camera at the same time. Restarting the browser or device might also help.
Make sure you are using the most recent version of the browser. Click here to check for browser updates.
These settings and troubleshooting will work, given that the microphone and camera are working properly.
We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best quality. (Note: For iPad or iPhone users, please use Safari, since calling via Chrome is not supported).
How to Allow Camera and Microphone in Safari on a macOS device (Macbook and iMac)
1. Click the Safari tab on your top left menu.
2. Select Settings for <Your Clinic URL>.
3. When the new popup opens, make sure to set Allow for both Camera and Microphone.
Make sure your microphone & camera are Unmuted. Then tap “I’m Ready.” button to enter the call.
Note: you may need to restart Safari & re-enter the waiting room again.
Cam/Mic still not working? Try the steps below:
1. Click the Safari tab on your top left menu
2. Click Preferences - a new window will open.
3. Click Websites (Earth icon).
4. Select Camera and Microphone tabs from the left column.
5. Make sure that Vsee is set to Allow for both Camera and Microphone.
Close the Preferences window & go back to your browser call tab. Make sure your microphone & camera are Unmuted. Then tap “I’m Ready.” button to enter the call.
Note: You may need to restart Safari & re-enter the waiting room again.
Minimum version for in-browser calling on Safari browser is version 14.
Check for Safari updates
1. Safari is updated as part of your regular Mac OS X updates. To check for any updates not yet installed, click on the Apple icon.
2. Select About This Mac.
3. Click on Software Update button.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team.
Last updated on: 30 June 2022