Screen sharing is when you share application window/s on your screen or your entire desktop.
Screen sharing is only possible while in a video call. While sharing you can annotate, type text, and use the remote control features. You can share multiple windows at a time. On mobile devices, it is currently not supported however receiving shared and annotated screens are supported.
SCREEN SHARE A WINDOW OR ENTIRE DESKTOP
1. While in a call, click on the green Share button located on the upper right corner of any window. An orange border will appear around a window if it is being shared.
2. To unshare, click Unshare.
3. Another way to screen share a window or desktop is to click Share located on the video window. To unshare, click Share then Stop Sharing.
4. Another way to screen share is to open the VSee Messenger app, click on the 3 horizontal dots > Call / Meeting > Share Desktop or Share Application.
To unshare, Call / Meeting > Unshare Desktop or Stop sharing the window.
SCREEN SHARE A VIDEO
While you can technically share a video, we do not recommend it as the screen sharing feature is not designed for that. There may be no audio or the shared video's quality will be affected. We recommend sending the video file via chat or video call instead.
ANNOTATE ON A SHARED SCREEN
1. To annotate, click Pen or Text. To choose an ink color, click Color.
2. To clear all annotations, click Clear.
3. To stop annotating, click Pen or Text respectively again.
REMOTE CONTROL A SHARED SCREEN
All participants in the same call can control a screen or desktop that is being shared. If someone is sharing a screen, click Take Remote Control. To release control, click the same button again.
DISALLOW REMOTE CONTROL
If you are sharing a screen and do not want others to control what you are sharing, click Disallow Remote.
SCREEN SHARING LIMIT
Free basic VSee Messenger users can only do one screen share session per day. If you signed up just recently, your account automatically gets a free 30-day trial of VSee Pro subscription which lets you enjoy unlimited screen sharing all day for 1 month.
Want to upgrade to VSee Pro (unlimited screensharing + signed BAA for HIPAA compliance)? Please contact us at https://vsee.com/contactsales.
HIDE SCREEN SHARING TOOLS
To hide your screen sharing tools (Pen, Text, Color, Clear, Disallow Remote and Unshare buttons), click on the 3 horizontal dots > Share > Hide Screen Sharing Tools. To unhide, do the same steps.