Submit a medical claim to the Patient’s insurance company during the visit;
Note: This feature may not be available in your clinic. Please contact Sales or your Account Manager to enable this feature.
1. On the visit details page, click on the Billing/Payment tab.
2. Scroll down to view the Create Insurance Claim field.
3. You may click the “Check now” button to go to the “Insurance” tab and check the insurance plan’s eligibility there.
In this example, “Eligibility Status”, “Diagnosis Codes” and “Procedure Codes” are not yet filled and are empty.
Note: You may add these codes by clicking on Edit in Notes. And you will be routed to the Notes tab to Add the Diagnosis and Procedure Codes for the Visit.
This is an example when “Diagnosis Codes” and “Procedure Codes” are already filled but the insurance eligibility is not yet complete or checked.
This is an example when “Diagnosis Codes” and “Procedure Codes” are already filled and insurance information is already added but the eligibility check returned an Inactive status. You may click the “Check now” button to go to the “Insurance” tab and check the insurance plan’s eligibility there.
4. Once all required details have been fulfilled in the patient’s profile, you will be able to click the “Create claim” button.
The required details are:
1) Eligibility status (Must be eligible)
2) Date of service
4) Diagnosis codes
5) Procedure codes
Click on Create Claim button.
5. A confirmation popup will ask to confirm the action informing you that you are about to submit a claim for this patient. Click on Continue.
If ever there is an error during creation of claim, an error message will be displayed. You may check the claim details and try clicking “Create Claim” again.
Once the claim has been successfully created, a success message will be shown.
Scope and Limitations:
An insurance claim can only be created using an insurance plan with an “Active” status.
Currently unable to view claim status via VSee Clinic.
Currently, Procedure and Diagnosis details are not reflected on the invoice.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated on: 15 July 2022