GROUP CALLS: MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
While VSee is technically capable of supporting up to 32 concurrent meeting participants, in reality, this would almost never happen due to network and CPU limitations. Indeed, many users will have quality issues with as few as 6 users in a call, so we typically recommend that you limit your group calls to 3-6 participants.
It's also helpful to know that most ISP's give you lower upload speeds and higher download speeds, so you may think you have plenty of bandwidth, when it's only your download speed that is sufficient.
VSee will automatically scale down A/V quality when it notices that it can not send all its data to all users. This might sometimes appear as a sudden blurriness.Hence, if everyone is on a great network and fast computers, it is completely possible to do larger groups calls. In fact, we regularly have 8-15 callers during our weekly staff meetings.
TIPS AND TRICKS DURING A LARGE GROUP CALL
- Have participants with low upload bandwidth mute their video.
- Mute your audio while not talking and unmute when you need to talk to.
- If you are sharing an application, consider sharing only the relevant areas by making it smaller.
- Make sure no other applications (or devices on your network) are using up bandwidth (downloading, streaming media, etc.)
- Plug in a network cable instead of Wi-fi.