When connecting to an appointment with your patient or provider on the browser, there are times that the camera/microphone settings are not set correctly. You can use this guide to make sure that the correct camera/microphone is chosen and accessible.
• Make sure you are using the most recent version of the browser.
• These settings and troubleshooting will work, given that the microphone and camera are working properly.
Please also make sure no other applications are using the microphone and camera at the same time. Restarting the browser or mobile/laptop device might also help.
• The camera name may vary depending on the camera installed on your computer.
• We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best quality.
1. Click on the ellipsis or the vertical three dots on the upper right corner of the browser.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click Privacy and security.
4. Select Site Settings.
5. Choose Camera.
6. Make sure that the right camera is chosen if you have multiple cameras. As an example, the camera on this image is HD User Facing.
On the selected clinic URL, click the small arrow to open permissions.
7. Select Allow for both Camera and Microphone.
If the camera/microphone is under Block, click the trash bin icon.
While on a call, you can also set permission to allow the microphone and camera;
1. Click the camera/microphone icon at the end of the address bar.
2. Make sure the toggle is set to Allow for Camera and Microphone.
For Checking on Updates
1. In the upper right-hand corner of Chrome, click on the ellipsis (3 vertical dots).
2. Select Help.
3. Click on About Google Chrome.
Google Chrome will check for updates and install them automatically. Click Restart to apply any updates that were installed.
Note: If you see a Set Up Automatic Updates for All Users button, it is highly recommended you select this option, as it will keep Google Chrome up-to-date in the future.
If you do not have Google Chrome installed, go to:Google Chrome - Download the Fast, Secure Browser from Google to download the newest available version for your system.
1. Click the Safari tab.
2. Click Preferences - a new window will open.
3. Click Websites (earth icon).
4. Click camera or microphone.
5. Make sure that Vsee is set to Allow.
Note: Minimum version for in-browser calling on Safari browser is version 14.
For checking on updates:
1. Safari is updated as part of your regular Mac OS X updates. To check for any updates not yet installed, click on the Apple icon.
2. Select About This Mac.
3. Click on Software Update button.
Microsoft Edge (for Desktop only)
1. Copy and paste this edge://settings/content/ in the address bar then hit Enter.
2. Select the arrows for Camera and Microphone under Site Permissions.
3. Clicking it will show if the camera/microphone of Vsee is under Allow.
What To Do If The Camera/Microphone is Under "Block"
1. If the camera/microphone is under "Block" you can simply click the trash bin icon across VSee.
2. Then reload the Webpage so that the website will ask again to allow the page to access the camera/microphone.
Make sure "Ask before accessing (recommended)" is toggled as enabled.
For checking on updates:
1. In the upper right-hand corner of Microsoft Edge, click on the ellipsis (3 vertical dots).
2. Select Help and feedback.
3. Click on About Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Edge will check for updates and install them automatically. Click Restart to apply any updates that were installed.
If the problem persists, please contact us here.
This article was last updated on: 17 May 2022